Tuesday 4 September 2018

Boxy Pouch made from scraps

I had a lot of oddly shaped scraps left from my Pantone quilt 'Purple Haze' so I decided to use them straight away. I love that colour combination so much anyway.



I have been admiring these boxy pouches by Katie of SewKatieDid and I thought I have enough scraps to make one pouch. Because you can never have enough pouches!


That were the two panels I made. Mostly all strips were individually pieced with tiny scraps. Not the quickest way to do it but what can you do when you have small but lovely scraps?


And this one is really large! I first made it more squat but didn't like it so I adjusted it to make the shape of the pouch more square and I like it better that way.


While adjusting I also added a second strap, there's one at each end now which makes it easier to handle when zipping and un-zipping the pouch.


This lovely pouch is a great way to use up scraps or, what Katie suggest, using orphan blocks.  I'll definitely make another one!

Linking to Finish it up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts

3 comments:

  1. Looks like we had similar thoughts! Great idea and I love how your pouch turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pouches are always a great way to use up scraps. I have a few boxy ones pinned as inspiration too :) Love how yours looks and it will be a great useable item that also remindes you of the quilt challenge. xo

    ReplyDelete