Sunday 10 January 2016

First finish in 2016!

It's only the first week of January and I have already my first finish done! It's the smallest of my goals for the year but that doesn't matter.


It's another open wide zipper pouch following Noodlehead's tutorial. And I've also found this super tutorial by Ros of Sew Delicious. I never knew where to have the zipper pointed while sewing the layers together, sometimes I did it correct, sometimes I didn't but never knew why my zippers looked different.  Now it's neat and tidy, great!


I used a coated fabric for the inner lining so that it's easy to clean.


This one is (again) for my Mum... I seem to make her a lot self made stuff recently but Mums always do so many great things that this is only a small way of saying 'thank you'!

Linking this to Finish up Friday with Crazy Mom Quilts.

8 comments:

  1. What a wonderful combo of colors/fabrics!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too! I needed something to go with the blues and searched my scraps and this lovely mustard colour just stood out. It looks even nicer in real life!

      Delete
  2. This is darling! Yay for the first finish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debbie! It feels good to strike the first thing off my 'to-do-list' for 2016!

      Delete
  3. Yes, Moms are always sooo kind and helpful :)
    Love your gift. Looks great!

    And isn't a finish energizing? Definitly have to get to your bee blocks fast to grab some of that energie - my quilt will take a lot longer to finish :-p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! That's for the Mums and the energising finishes!

      Delete
  4. Love your fabrics on this pouch, cute finish!

    ReplyDelete