Friday 15 July 2016

I got inspired - turquoise as far as the eye can see

 My husband and I went on holidays recently to the south of Spain, Andalusia to be precise.

Hiking the Lake District 'El Chorro'

We stayed in a remote finca, what a beautiful, quiet place that was! The sun, the flowers and colours inspired me in so many ways, I spent two entire days sketching quilt designs and taking lots of photos.

I swear: this is not photo- shopped! It really was that turquoise!
Right after our holidays I took part in the 'Creative Sunday' sewing organised by the Modern Cologne Quilters. The topic was flying geese and I brought all my turquoise fabrics with me. A blog post about this meeting is coming soon!!

The pillow is now finished, here it is:


The pillow is made from 50 flying geese blocks, 3x6'' each. The finished size of the pillow is approx. 25x25''/ 65x65cm.

I quilted it with a loopy stitch and that turned out great! I used three different colours Aurifil 40wt, in light grey, turquoise and variegated mint.


These are so happy summer colours and reminds me of this beautiful place called 'El Arpa'

Our view from the terrace apartment.

I can highly recommend this place! I could write a whole travel blog post but that goes beyond the scope of quilts!

Linking this to Finish up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts and Modern Patch Monday at the Modern Cologne Quilters.

8 comments:

  1. soo schöne Farben - beides Kissen und Bilder und Flying Gees find ich eh klasse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dein Kissen ist total schön geworden!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Daniela!!! Sensory overload to swell the heart! So happy for you and your husband to have had this beautiful time and place together! The flying geese design is wonderful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liebe Daniela,
    hier auf Deinem Blog will ich Dir nun auch ein paar Worte da lassen!
    Dein Kissen ist ein Traum! Schöne Bilder!
    Und es war schön, Dich gestern getroffen zu haben!
    Liebe Grüße
    Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  5. That landscape really does look surreal. I am glad you now have such a nice pillow to remember the trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hallo Daniela,
    eine schöne Landschaft, tolle Eindrücke und dann ein wunderschönes Kissen. Ich wünsche Dir noch einen schönen Sommer.
    Viele Grüße,
    Martina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hallo Daniela,

    wuuuuunderschön. Ich kann jetzt deine Liebe und dieser Wunsch nach leuchtendem Türkis für die Geese noch beser nachvollziehen.
    Auf viele sommerliche Tage hier

    Judith

    ReplyDelete