Tuesday 28 June 2016

May/ June Bee blocks for Melanie

Right on time for the May/ June deadline I have these lovely Bee blocks finished for Melanie.


This is a paper pieced block called 'Wanta Fanta' designed by Blossom Heart Quilts. There is a free PDF downloadable on her website.


Melanie had her focus on red, purple and pink fabrics with a little orange and yellow.


Melanie even provided a PDF for the snow ball block to paper piece the whole block. You can download that here. There are also very detailed cutting instructions on Melanies' blog which really helped not to fiddle with fabric pieces, sewing them on the paper in super small stitches only to find out that these fabric pieces were too small...


I really like these blocks and I'm sure the quilt will turn out great!

It only was my third time doing paper piecing and I really enjoyed it.
Blocks are going in the post tomorrow!

Linking this to the Modern Cologne Quilters and Crazy Mom Quilts.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh, you've discovered one of the joys of paper piecing... when the fabric is cut to small (uurrgghh!!!) That's why I don't shorten my stitch lenght too much, in case I have to take them out ; ) These look great and I'm sure Mell with love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yepp, I do love them !! Thanks so much for your lovely blocks :)

    ReplyDelete