Monday 28 December 2015

Scrappy pillow

Too many scraps make me nervous. Seriously. My space for scraps is very limited in these jars, and I tend to put bigger pieces of fabric back with the actual yardage and sometimes I ask myself when is fabric scrap?
Anyway, I had a few smaller scraps of the beautiful '2wenty Thr3e' fabric by Cosmo Cricket left over from my October quilt and I juts needed to make a pillow out of them.


I added lots of beige as I had tons of little strips left over too. I did straight line quilting in beige and mustard and also added a mustard coloured piping, that just gives the pillow a nice frame.



I'm not that happy with the piping though. I chose a very thick cording and it was very difficult to make nice corners. Also the structure of the cording is kind of visible... hm, will not do that again.

Instead of this pillow I had actually planned to make another Christmas table runner, but that didn't happen. 
And I learned that when creativity strikes you have to give in and just do it.

This is my last project for 2015. I'm working on a quilt right now but I don't think I will be able to finish it this week. This will be on my To-Do-List for 2016!

Linking this to Crazy Mom Quilts on a Monday! 

12 comments:

  1. I like your scrappy pillow very much ! I think it's always tricky to get nice corners, with any finish you choose ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks,Sophie! The next pillow is getting a smaller piping again!

      Delete
  2. This is a great pillow. And I also like the yellow piping. I cannot see the problems with the piping. It is a wonderful pillow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Martina! I'm maybe a bit too picky with my work, I know! I do love the pillow as well!!

      Delete
  3. This is a great pillow. And I also like the yellow piping. I cannot see the problems with the piping. It is a wonderful pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! And if I still have the charm pack of this line, I may need to do similar, as it would go great in our family room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all fabrics by Cosmo Cricket, this one has such a lovely warm touch and looks great on our brown/ beige couch!!

      Delete
  5. Oh what a lovely way to use up some scraps - it looks lovely, especially the pops of colour!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pillow. I am still to affraid to start even a pillow without piping - but it's on the todo list for 2016 :) So, I love your piping, it makes a huge difference in the overall design! Even if you see some "mistakes" with the bigger cord, nobody else will see them unless you point it out. So enjoy your new pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a gorgeous pillow! Looking forward to checking out the rest of your blog!

    ReplyDelete