Friday 25 January 2019

December - a finished quilt top

We have freezing temperatures here since the beginning of January and it even snowed so I hurried up and finished the quilt top for my Christmas quilt and took it out in the snow today. Because as you can see there isn't a lot of snow and it usually doesn't last long.


I was collecting brown, red and golden fabrics since a long time. I'm probably one of the very few quilters that actually like brown.

 

I had this vision of a Christmas quilt that doesn't scream 'Christmas' in terms of colours. And I also wanted slightly wonky trees and an improv feel to the overall design.


All tree blocks have a different size and I used fabrics strips to offset the tree blocks to create an interesting look. I'm not sure what back to use, I think I'd like some fleece.


I'm really happy with this quilt top and I hope to finish the quilt soon. I'll call the quilt December, because that's when I'm going to snuggle up in it the most.

3 comments:

  1. Daniela, I love your design! Reds and browns are such a warm and classy combo and your improv forest just make me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this is nice, and yay for a snow photo! I also like brown!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on finishing the top! I love your offset forrest. xo

    ReplyDelete