Sunday 27 January 2019

Another boxy puch!

I made another boxy pouch! My Mom actually wanted one for Christmas and I gladly made her one.


I had asked her what colours she wanted and she said: 'Uh, I don't know, something with flowers.' Well, the fabrics I used are as far as flowers go in my fabric stash.


My Mom also wants to use the bag as toiletry bag and loved to have oil skin fabric from the inside. That's actually where the colour scheme came from. I selected the oil skin first and then picked colours to match the inside.


The oil skin is a flower fabric as well, so I guess that counts as 'something with flowers'?


I made one large quilted panel and cut it in half and added the zipper. I think it looks really good and my Mom loves it. The tutorial is from Katie Pedersen and you can finds it here

5 comments:

  1. Love it! I need to make one of these soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The oilskin is a really good idea! It's darling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a bit tricky, kind of stiff at times, but in the end turned out well!

      Delete
  3. Great fabric combination! My eyes always move to the yellow quilting on the blue fabric. Looks fabulous. Glad your Mom loves it.

    ReplyDelete