Friday 28 August 2015

My first pillow!

I am still in my 'easy fixes stage' where I need quick results. So I made a pillow.


As I've seen the beautiful fabric by Joel Dewberry 'Antler Damask' for Free Spirit I immediately knew I had to make a pillow out of it. I did some fussy cutting in a big scale.


Since the pillow is only made from one fabric I thought I give it a bit of 'pep' with bright red piping.


For the back I used the cross hatch fabric by Carolyn Friedlander in curry, a real favourite of mine right now! I followed this tutorial for the invisible zipper, that worked quite well.


The pillow is 25 x 25 inches big and my husband has occupied it for himself. That's fine with me, I love it when self-made things get used a lot.

Linking this with Crazy Mom Quilts 'Finish up Friday'!

4 comments:

  1. It is gorgeous Daniella! I've not tried a zipper on a pillow yet...will have to check out the tutorial...
    Everything you make turns out so great!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you Sarah! Some projects just come around, like this fabric where I knew that needed to be a pillow!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! Your pillow looks nice. The piping is great. I am still collecting courage for the pillow project.... someday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melanie!! A pillow is not that difficult and a really quick project!

      Delete