Friday 1 January 2021

2021 - quilty goals

I am To-Do-List person. I have them in work and also for my quilt projects. they help me to stay focused and keep on track with my goals.

Here we go!

1. Finish Pantone Quilt 2020


Even though the Pantone Quilt Challenge did not take place in 2020 I made a quilt using classic blue. The quilting is finished, I just need to add the binding. 

2. Pantone Quilt 2021


Pantone have released two colours for 2021: grey and yellow. It's an interesting colour combination. I hope that the Pantone Quilt challenge will be back this year! 

3. Improv Quilt using stack technique


I took an online class with Nicholas Ball in October 2020 where Nicholas taught the stack technique from his book 'Inspired Improv'. I made this quilt in lovely autumn colours. The top is finished, I just need to come up with a quilting idea. Something free motion maybe?

4. Finish Christmas Quilt 


I know, I know! This quilt was on my do-to-list for the last two years! And I did attempt it. Twice. Twice I started quilting and didn't like it. Ripped it all out again. But now, it's finished quilted and just needs binding! 

5. Biene's Adventure Quilt


This has been such an enjoyable project! I'm working on this since three years and there are five blocks outstanding to finish the quilt top. I do hope we can go to the Dutch coast again this year because I need two more coast blocks! 


6. Adventures in Improv Design


I will attend QuiltCon together in February. I have signed up for an improv class with Anne Sullivan and Melanie Tuazon, I'm quite excited about it. 

7. Bee Quilts


I have this quilt top finished. This is going to be a baby quilt soon. 

There will be more, but for now that seems like a good plan! 


3 comments:

  1. Especially looking forward to 3+7 :) And I hope you find the energy & motivation to finish the Christmas quilt. It is always so rewarding to cross off a longterm wip! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have a great list. I want to be a list maker and do what is on it but I soon go off on another tangent. This year I think I may just see what happens. (I am a little worried about this year to make many plans) ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what I see of your Classic Blue quilt! AND looking forward to taking the same class at QuiltCon!

    ReplyDelete