Friday 22 February 2019

Purpel Haze is at QuiltCon!

I am so excited to have another quilt in this most prestigious show that is QuiltCon that's happening right now. I am unfortunately not in Nashville this year, but that gives me the opportunity to finally show proper photos of Purple Haze including the back, which I also like very much:


So when you're at QuiltCon make sure you ask those lovely ladies with the white gloves to turn Purple Haze around for you!


I really like this fresh colour combination and that Aurifil thread in light lilac and 50wt was just the perfect choice.


So here it is again in all it's beauty. This quilt has challenged me in so may ways, there are so many reasons I am extremely proud that hopefully a lot of quilters get to see it in real life.


There are so many interesting details in this quilt, that truly makes me want to explore curves further.



You can read about the blocking progress here, and the initial post where I was taking part in the Pantone Quilt Challenge 2018 with the quilt top only and won 1st prize of the international entries here

And here is Purple Haze hanging at QuiltCon in Nashville. 


Such a pity I wasn't there myself. But I'm going to QuiltCon in 2019, that's for sure!

1 comment:

  1. I saw this at QuiltCon yesterday and texted a photo to my dad, who is a big Jimi Hendrix (and psychedelia) fan!

    ReplyDelete