Thursday 14 June 2018

Bee blocks for Melanie - Eads Quilt

I love my little quilting bee and the great variety of bee blocks my fellow bees come up with.


Melanie picked this beautiful paper pieced pattern by Carolyn Friedlander, who kindly allowed us to use her pattern for this bee. The pattern is called 'Eads' and you can find it here.


Melanie picked this lovely low volume colour palette with whites and creme tones. It's such a beautiful palette, I love this subtle colour play.


I am usually an improv kind of quilter and I don't really like precise piecing but with paper piecing it's different. I really like the crisp and precise look that you can achieve with a lot less effort than normal piecing. Here you can see more blocks Melanie received already. Can't wait to see the finished quilt!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for all your lovely blocks! I am very fortunate to have such fun and generous bee Groups :) BTW I am so curious too!

    ReplyDelete