Sunday 21 January 2018

My Bee blocks for February/ March

It's always my turn at the beginning of the year to pick a quilt block for my 'Quilty Circle of Bees'. I had my eyes peeled at the 'Rocky Mountain Puzzle' block for quite some time. It's a very traditional block but with a modern colour palette I picture a very beautiful quilt. Like this one, or this.


I have a thing for chartreuse/ mustard and have gathered quite a lot of fabric in that colour. I paired it off with some light turquoise and rose.


As a background I chose a variety of black/ white prints. I like the lively appearance, but I hope it won't look too busy. I might add some solid white and use white sashing. I'll decide once all bee blocks have arrived.


The pattern can be found for free here. I opted for the 12.5" block size, there are three different sizes available.


I don't really have a plan yet what I'll do with the finished quilt. I might give it to charity where someone is in need of a cuddly quilt. Yeah, that's sounds good.


It was so nice to work with those colours during these grey, dark and cold winter days!

4 comments:

  1. I love your color choices and the prints!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so pretty, love these blocks though when I attempt them my HST are always a bit wonky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wunderschöne Farben ! und ein toller Block

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to sewing the blocks - color is a very well liked guest at the moment and the combination is great. Where I am? Looking for fabrics of course :)

    ReplyDelete