Thursday 7 December 2017

Bee Blocks for Vicky

I love my Quilty Circle of Bees! We are such a diverse little group of quilters who always manage to get me out of my comfort zone.

Either by the sewing technique used (in two years we had everything from paper piecing, curved blocks, improv and precise piecing.. hm, just noticed there wasn't any applique yet, I'm counting on Allison on that one!) or by the fabric selection.


Vicky was our queen bee for October/ November and she picked a paper pieced version of a courthouse step block.

The colour scheme was caramel, tangerine, light blue and purple. I didn't think that would go together but the colours look so good!


The great thing about my Bee is that we sew with our own fabrics. In the blocks I receive for my quilts there is just such a great variety on colours and fabrics because so far my fellow bee mates always nailed it!


Vicky's request was to have a white solid square as the center square and then play around and don't stick with the traditional layout.


We were also only to use four different fabrics in one block and repeat the fabric choice in the next block with only little alteration.


By doing that all the blocks get a very cohesive look. This quilt will be so good, I really can't wait to see this finished!

2 comments:

  1. Your blocks look great! And the assignment was sooooo much fun, wasn't it? Looking forward to our next year :)

    ReplyDelete