Thursday 6 April 2017

Finally: a finished Super Tote!

It needed a visit to QuiltCon to finally convince me: I need to make that Super Tote!


There were so many quilters with self made beautiful bags! Actually I started this bag immediately after I was back home.


I purchased the pattern by Noodlehead already two years ago but never dared to make the bag. I am only sewing since four years and mostly quilts, and this is only my third bag I made, like ever!

I had some difficulties putting the bag together but I blame my inexperience with sewing bags for that. The pattern is actually really easy to follow. 


As I bought the beautiful 'Maker' fabrics by Art Gallery Fabrics (also I guess about two years ago) I saved them for this bag. I never knew how much fabric I needed in order to make this bag, so finally the remaining fabrics can go in my stash.


The Super Tote is bigger than I thought. I divided the inner pockets in two parts on one side and in three parts on the other.


I opted for a dark grey zipper which suits the fabrics really nicely.


The sides (or gusset as it's called in the pattern) I made with a shot fabric in brown, the one side of the handles and also the piping at the front pocket is made with Carolyn Friedlander's cross hatch fabric in mustard.


Now that it's finished I don't know why I waited so long to make it! I'm actually thinking of making another one! The bag is just too nice not to make another one, or two...


I used beautiful Aurifil thread for all visible seams, also in mustard. That detail at the sides is just so gorgeous!


The back of the bag has just the simple brown fabric. All in all I think the colours go really well together.

I'm a bit proud of myself that the bag turned out so nicely, bags and zippers though are still challenging for me. But as with everything: practice just makes you better.

Linking this to Finish Up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts
Modern Patch Monday

6 comments:

  1. And proud you should be! The bag is a stunner =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, be proud - that's a great bag! Enjoy and use it a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely!! Your bag is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty bag!! It's one of my favorite bag!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect fabric choice and a wonderful pattern. Yes, you should sew another one !

    ReplyDelete