Wednesday 29 March 2017

Bee blocks for Magda

Madga is our Queen Bee for the months of March and April and she picked a beautiful traditional log cabin block. Magda always wanted to do a low volume quilt with peachy colours so she asked her bees for a little help.


The colour request did come with some challenges as the four fabrics I used are the only ones in peach I own, so lucky me :0)


The low volume were to be very light, the contrast achieved is great that way!


And that's all four blocks I made together. Magda asked for 2 of the same blocks. I was unsure first but half way through making these blocks I absolutely love the colour combination!

The finished size of one block is 10" square, the square in the centre is 4x4" and all strips are 2" wide (unfinished).

I'm a month early with my finished blocks. I selected the fabrics while creating my sewing corner in our living room and couldn't wait to start the blocks. I hope Magda likes the blocks as much as I do and I can't wait to see the finished quilt.

Linking this to Let's Bee Social

2 comments:

  1. Dear Daniela,

    I really really like the simple and classic log cabin block. Peachy is not my color but I love how it turned with these low volumes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peach (or coral) seems to be a popular colour for bee blocks this year. I don't have much of this colour either but have had to make two blocks with it already.

    ReplyDelete