Thursday 29 December 2016

Scrappy Log Cabin Pillow

I am finishing all my WIPs before the year end so I can start 2017afresh.

Here is a scrappy log cabin pillow I started already in May, hence the happy colours.
I met with a friend back then who wanted to learn how to quilt. So we each sewed a log cabin pillow. Mine just took a lot longer to finish. But here it is:


The overall size is 23 x 23'' (65 x 65cm). The blocks are randomly pieced and I intentionally made them in different sizes.


I used red cross hatch fabric for the back, this is a great contrast to the white sashing and let the blocks really pop.


I quilted the individual blocks in straight spirals. I did this method before and had quite a lot puckering. I think this worked a lot better now.


I used Aurifil variegated thread for all the blocks which coordinated very nicely with the scrappy fabrics of each block.

I'm very happy this pillow is finally finished!

Linking this to Crazy Mom Quilt Finish Up Friday

4 comments:

  1. Wow, all WIPs finished ?! I am really impressed! I have not even mangaged to sort through my room or finish my most pressing or annoying WIPs :) Well, hope 2017 is filled with lots of sewing and finishes. All the best to you for the new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, there is my first bee quilt left to do. But all other little things are done! Feels so good! Thanks for your kind comment, Melanie! Happy New Year!

      Delete
  2. Lovely pillow! Something about pictures of matching thread just makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kathy! Picking the right thread is almost as exciting as pulling fabrics isn't it?

      Delete