Wednesday 26 October 2016

Bee blocks for Allison

Gosh! I almost forgot to post my bee blocks here that I finished for Allison in from July/ August!


Allison opted for a beautiful paper piecing template designed by Brigitte Heitland of Zen Chic. It's called 'Prism' and you can download it fro free here! We printed it at 85% though, the original is a bit bigger. I love the colour palette!


I recently purchased this 'Add-A-Quarter' ruler since I'm doing a lot of paper piecing recently. This is so much better and easier to use than a normal ruler, where you really have to be careful to cut the proper 1/4 seam.

Here Allison has all the finished blocks on her design wall and it looks already stunning! Can't wait to see this finished!

Linking this to 'Let's Bee Social' at So Fresh Quilts.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the blocks, Daniela! You added several fabrics that I didn't have in my stash. It's a been a challenge, but fun at the same time to arrange and rearrange these blocks. Hmmm, well now you've gotten me thinking that I need one of these rulers too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blocks were really fun to make. And that ruler: is a winner!

      Delete
  2. I haven't seen this ruler before but it looks very handy. Love your blocks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deb! That ruler is so handy! A real must for paper piecing!

      Delete
  3. Sweet blocks! And I can see how that ruler would be a must for paper piecing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah! It is so much more enjoyable with this ruler, I tell ya!

      Delete
  4. Add-A-Quarter ruler? I would not want to be without mine! And don't the blocks look stunning together? That's really fun with the bee. Seeing it all come together.

    ReplyDelete