Monday 28 March 2016

Block M Quilts birthday and meeting great people

My blog turned two at the beginning of March! It actually feels a lot longer that I started sewing and quilting. That possibly is because so much happened in these two years. I made 10 quilts, 1 table runner, 2 mug rugs, 3 pillows, lots of zipper pouches and other little sewing projects.

But most importantly I made friends.

Whether it is virtually through linky parties on other blogs, Flickr, or other social media there are so, so many nice people out there in this quilting community. And the ones who stopped by and commented on my blog posts are so much appreciated.

But meeting quilt crazy people in person is a real highlight! I followed an invitation by the newly founded Modern Cologne Quilters on a Saturday in early March. They had only started out as a quilt group last summer and had the great idea to invite quilters from the greater Cologne area to come and gather.

We met in Dorthe's lovely fabric shop lalala patchwork in Bensberg.


The shop is absolutely lovely and Dorthe has fantastic fabrics, if you're in the area make sure to stop by or visit the online store here.


About 40 quilty people were there and talked about the best batting to use, what sewing machines they have, exhibitions they visited and much more.


There was a 'show & tell' and a great variety of quilts were presented. I brought three of my quilts with me, Regatta, Plus One and October.

I had a great time at the meeting and that was not the last time I met these lovely people! I didn't take that many photos, I was too busy chatting and buying fabrics!!!

You can read up on some blog posts about this event here, here and here.

I don't want to miss out to mention that I also found wonderful ladies for my quilting bee, the Quilty Circle of Bees, and I have just met some of them at a sewing meeting in Hamburg, blog post to follow!

Linking this to Modern Patch Monday.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, wow, and wow!!! Quilty persons envy!!!! That looks seriously fun...the shop looks exquisite too! Look forward to hearing and seeing more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallo Daniela,

    it was wonderful to meet you in person. It is so much different than to just know you from online.... Es hat mich sooo sehr gefreut Dich zu treffen und ich hoffe sehr, dass es noch mehr nette Treffen geben wird. Viele Grüße, Martina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deine Quilts waren übrigens für mich mit die schönsten, die gezeigt wurden...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liebe Daniela, da kann ich mich Martina nur anschließen! Es war toll Dich getroffen zu haben und ich freue mich auf ein nächstes Treffen! Und Du machst wunderschöne moderne Quilts!
    Liebe Grüße
    Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Es war eine große Freude dich kennenlernen zu dürfen! Hoffentlich bis bald! Liebe Grüße
    May

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meeting and connecting to people really is THE best thing of blogging! It was really nice to finally meet you in person. Looking forward to the next time!

    ReplyDelete