Saturday 15 March 2014

QuiP #1 - Quilt in Progress: 'shattered'

I thought I share a 'Quilt in Progress - QuiP' with you today.

This is some improvisational piecing based on the method by Jaquie Gering and Katie Pedersen and their book Quilting Modern.
I used grey, black and yellow; my favourite colour combination at the moment:

I cut strips, paired them into contrasting combinations...  ... and sewed them together and cut again. All without measuring, how freeing!
And here's the first block:
Voilà!

I will go for a different layout of the blocks than shown in the book though, I'll go a bit crazy on that one!
The quilt will be called 'shattered' and I have a great location already in mind to take photos of it!

I bought all the fabric in my favourite quilt shop Quilt Cabin in Dortmund, Germany. They have a fantastic fabric selection and very friendly, helpful staff! They have an online shop too! 

Stay tuned, finished quilt top is coming up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment